10 Things to do with children on winter vacation
These are 10 easy and fun things to do with children on your winter vacation indoors and outdoors.
Remember, things that you do together today, your child will do independently tomorrow!
1. Make a snowman – you might want to take some buttons, a carrot, some matches or color lip gloss from home, or just use your imagination and things you see around!
2. Play snowballs – remember your gloves!
3. Go skating – there are always places that offer skates rental.
INDOORS – NO PREPARATION NEEDED
4. Blind-man’s-buff – move all fargile and dangerous things out of reach and play with the whole family. If the space is large let each player hold a rattle or a bell to make a noise. This will make it eaier for the ‘blind man’ to move around. A rattle can be made easily from any container fillled with some beans.
5. Karaoke – no special equipment is needed as you can find any song you like online, just look for the song ‘with lyrics’. You will be surprised to discover your family’s singing talents!
6. Family portraits – each family member draws portraits of other family members any way they can as long as it is fun and does not hurt anyone’s feelings!
7. Family Charity Fair – discuss charity with children, make sure they accept the idea of helping other people, animals and nature. Collect items that family members are ready to donate: accessories, gadgets, art and craft. Set up the fair, collect all the proceeds and decide what charity cause the money will go to.
check this link for CHARITY PROJECTS IN RUSSIA recommended by MAGIC CASTLE International School
INDOORS – LITTLE PREPARATION
8. Make ‘mulled wine’ – use black tea, add apples, orange peel, cinnamom, cloves and other spices. Serve war
9. Make a bird feeder – use an old juice carton or a box from Christmas presents
10. Make cookies in a variety of shapes. Make colored sugar icing on top.
OTHER ACTIVITIES WITH CHILDREN ON WINTER VACATION
- Best Christmas tree decoration
- Family fashion show
- Face paint
- Board games
- Going to the cinema
If your child is ready for a more challenging experience they will love our English Summer Camp in the Moscow region!Blog